Can I sue my OB/GYN for medical malpractice?

Additional Information:

Can I sue my doctor for medical malpractice? I  had a c-section 6 years ago at a prestigious Boston hospital but just recently found out through an MRI that something metal is inside my body. I have been having abdominal pain since the c-section. Is there a statute of limitations in MA or can I still sue because I just discovered it?


Under Massachusetts law, you have three years to bring the suit from the date you “discovered” the malpractice.  Ordinarily, there is an absolute seven year time bar regardless of when you discover the injury.  However, an explicit exception is made for when a doctor leaves a foreign body in you.  You should contact an experienced Boston medical malpractice attorney immediately to discuss bringing an action.

Our Boston medical malpractice attorneys handle medical malpractice cases throughout Greater Boston including Braintree, Brighton, Brookline, Burlington, Cambridge, Dedham, Dorchester, Everett, Framingham,  Mattapan, Medford, Melrose, Milton, Newton, Quincy, Waltham, Weymouth, and Woburn.